True North exists to bring glory and honor to God in the community of Girdwood.
The gospel is the story of God reconciling and redeeming a broken creation and fallen creatures to Himself through the life, death, resurrection and future return of Jesus Christ. Our hope and desire is that the gospel would stand at the center of all that we do. It is what directs and defines us.
Our core values are more than just statements of what we believe. They are the identity of who we are and what we do. They determine how we live in the time and place God has placed us. More than anything our core values are the hopes of who we are and who we are becoming.
- That God would be the foundation of our life describing and fueling everything about us and that we would be blown away by God. Colossians 1:15-21
- That we would find our joy and life in Christ - that Christ is sufficient for all things. John 10:10
- That the greatest problem in this universe is not moral behaviors, but a failure to honor God. Romans 1:21
- That we would see and savor the glory of Christ in salvation - not under wrath but mercy. Ephesians 2:1-10
- That we would be totally content with the world but discontent with where we are spiritually. Philippians 3:12-16
- That we would be people who are filled with the Holy Spirit enabling us to work in the grace that has saved us. Galatians 5:16-26
- That we would join God as a missional community in his global purpose of spreading his glory to the ends of the earth. Matthew 28:19-10